Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Better Than Mine.

Not What I imagined...

   When I looked ahead imaging the end of my junior year I never imagined that I would end up being who I am. My outlook-my plan was so different. Yet, God had a different plan. This past summer at Maranatha changed my life. My plan was to not to get close to anyone or to go anywhere near God or what he had to say. My plans consisted of having fun and being a rebel without getting caught all while maintaining the "sweet little girl" image. God's plan was different. Not just different, but the complete opposite. I was introduced to a whole new group of friends. People who God worked through to change my life. From day one the leaders at Maranatha were pouring in to me. The teenagers that surrounded me did as well.
   I want to say I found God this past summer, but he wasn't lost. I was. God found me. Picked me up and refused to let go. I found myself being soaked into the love that Christ shares. It is the best love that I have ever experienced. Giving my life back to Christ was the best decision I ever made. My mistakes that I made, the past became my past. God made me beautiful again. I am his daughter.
   Junior year was a huge change. I was used to being the old me. I had to step back into "the real world" away from the "perfect world of Maranatha." I was angry. I felt like a baby bird being pushed out of the nest and not being ready to defend myself against the predators, or find my own food. I stood alone and confused. God was still there. Challenges were everywhere this year. There was a difference. God's presence was evident and I was able to lean on him. I found a church that I fell in love with. I found new friends who love me for me. I am able to be myself. I don't know where I would be without them I have older "brothers and sisters" in Christ who encourage me and are always there for me. I have friends from all over the country who encourage me and keep up with my life, no matter the distance. I have grown so much. The change that God has done amazes me. I still struggle yes, but I am still human. I am still learning how to act as a daughter of Christ in order to show it to everyone. I am still learning to accept my past. All I know is that God's plan was better than mine. I am a daughter of a king-a princess. As I am growing, my goal is to show through everything I do who God is.
                                               I am accepting my identity as his.

Baptism last summer
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has GONE, the new has COME. 2 Corinthians 5:17

With love,
Hannah Louise

2 comments:

  1. Your passion is contagious! Thank you for allowing God to reddem your life & do with it as HE wants. His plans are always better. He even allowed you to make your mistakes in the past & has plans to redeem those as well & use those for His glory! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad(: That is all I want. Love you and thank you for everything~

    ReplyDelete