Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Decision

I am single.
And so very happy. Yes, that is possible. I am a high school senior perfectly content being on my own.        

I grew up watching the movies of the "perfect high school life" and  I had this image that it is what my days would look like once I got there. I would be going to tons of parties and dating a different guy every other week.

That life, is not even close to mine now. I would not trade it for anything. For a while I did want to date. I admit I love the idea of the perfect love story of finding your love in high school, but that isn't for me. I am in love with the idea of being in love. I always thought when I was younger that relationships were simple and it led into a marriage that was perfect without a single wrinkle. I was pretty much crazy. I have now learned that is not true. Relationships take work. A lot of it.

I am not ready to date. I am not ready to toss another person into the mix. I am working on keeping God number one in my life. God is my daddy and I need to keep him as a priority before I even think about adding another man into the mix. I need to be happy with myself and who I am completely. It isn't possible to let someone else fall in love with you if you don't love yourself, or you won't believe them. I know I wouldn't. Sometimes I struggle with just wondering how I have friends...haha, but for real. I am so not ready to date. My heart isn't ready. Right now I am just concentrating on making friends because I like friends. I plan on being single till God brings the guy into my life who is going to pursue me.

So this is me. Happy. Content. Learning. Changing. Growing.
But I like where I am right now.
I like getting to know and learn about myself.

My heart belongs to Jesus.


xoxo,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, I wish I would have had this level of insight at your age. I was definitely not in the same place, and knew nothing about Jesus. I love your dedication to Jesus, and I really think that in order to have that perfect love story, you need to make Jesus number one. He will let you know when the time is right. xo

    ReplyDelete