Friday, June 1, 2012

Sitting Next To Me

It is exam week. Also known as the worst week. It is about summer time. Just a few days away, but we still have to take these tests. Every year I fight against myself in the want for summer and knowing that the exams are important. It is the worst. Sitting in a room with the outside beckoning me-is torture.
Last night I was up late studying for my first exams. I was tired and stressed to all levels. I had fallen behind in math. I was trying to the makeup work, as well as study. Most of it was finished, but it was already midnight.
I still had to study for Economics as well. I was not as worried about that one. Thankfully, that subject was easy for me.
About 12:30 I was fighting to keep my eyes open. This entire past week I had also been up to the late hours of the night finishing all these projects that classes had due.
I was tired. Stressed. About in tears. I was praying, but felt no peace what so ever. I felt like God had 100% disappeared.
I got on facebook and was talking to my friend Gessica.. I mentioned how I was feeling about studying. She said the normal "God is there." Ya, ya, I knew that. I know he is. I was frustrated that I wasn't feeling anything.
Next morning. My alarm didn't go off at the time it was supposed too. SO FRUSTRATED. I had no idea how I was going to tackle my math exam.
I parked my car. Bowed my head, and just prayed for the 10 minutes I had.
I felt a peace. God had it under control, I wasn't sure how, but he did.
I explained to my teacher about my night.
I was told to just start my exam and finish it next week.
WHAT?! Hold up. YAY GOD! My mind was blown. That never happens. As I went through my exam I kept looking next to me like someone was there. I realized later. Only God. He was sitting next to me during my exams. He kept my company. He knew that I would not have to finish my math. He knew that he was going to help me remember everything I needed to know for my econ exam.
I love when God does that(: It sure got my attention and reminded me that God really is near me all the time.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


With love,
Hannah Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment