Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lessons Learned

First day of Junior year
First official day of summer finished. Just have quiet time left to do before I head off to bed. I am finished with my junior year though!  This year has been an amazing year. So many changes took place, but they all were for the better. I started the year sure that I had the idea of how everything was going to play out. I was comfortable in my settings. God decided to change up the scenery.
 I have become more confident in who I am. I am learning to stand up for myself and what I believe in regardless of what happens. Having God at my side this entire school year has made more bearable because I know that someone has my back 24/7 who will never ever let me down. I learned that people make decisions who do affect the people that surround them. I was taught that God can take someone at any moment. Love who you have around you because they can be taken whenever God calls them. There are people in the world who accept you for you no matter who you are or what you have done.
I have made new decisions this year. I have been forced out of my comfort zone. I have made new friends. I have challenged myself. I cried this year. I laughed.  I had people close to me move away. I learned to move on. I learned to accept myself and realize that it does not work to be anyone else. I learned that family can be there for you anytime. I am so thankful for my cousins and aunts and uncles. I grew closer to my Grandparents. They have so much to say. I learned to trust. I learned to be open. I learned that being open with my faith is important. I learned to keep your word. I learned to dig deep into emotions. I learned to forgive. I learned procrastination is not smart. I learned telliing the truth is always the right thing to do. I learned to pray about everything. I have learned that I am never finished discovering or figuring out God. I am never finished learning or growing. I learned to take chances. I have learned it is okay to get angry and cry. I have learned it is ok to have my own opinion.
Some of these lessons I am still in the process of learning, but I am enjoying the time. I learned so much outside and inside of school. This year has been a turning point. I am so thankful for everyone who has been involved in my life somehow.

Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

With love,
Hannah Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment