Sunday, July 15, 2012

One Day with Week One

I will be having a post about Africa. No worries. That is just a post that takes more time to put together.

I got back from Africa very early in the morning on June 29. I could not sleep what so ever. My mom was exhausted. I just wanted to be out at Maranatha. I convinced her to leave at 7:30 in the morning. It was only 3:30 AM. The time seemed to be creeping by slowly.
7:20 I rushed into my mom's room ready to go. I had thrown what little I had left at home into the van. There was nothing left to do. I was ready to be out there.

I could barely sit in my seat the entire ride. Each minute took me just a little bit closer to being home. I COULD SEE THE SIGN. IT WAS MARANATHA. I unlocked the car before my mom had completely stopped the car and I ran. I WAS HOME.

That meant that I had one day with my friends that were here for week one. I wanted every moment that I could have. Jill knew that I was close. I could see her walking towards me, but I just slowed down enjoying the fact that she did not see me yet.
Then,
she saw me(: I could not take it any longer.
It was JILL! I ran. She ran. It was basically like a movie scene. I just could not get to her fast enough.

This girl has been in my life since, well we are not even sure of the exact year. There is a fact of about 10 years. Her sister happened (this was planned to capture us hugging and seeing each other for the first time) to have the camera. She jumped in to my arms. I could not just stop smiling. Jill just kept repeating over and over, "I love you, I love you."
Nothing is better than coming home to your friends.

Jill still had not eaten. While she ate I went walking past to where Lexi was staying. The past year I had done the exact same thing that I was about to do. Once I got to her cottage, I called her. She answered. I just kept talking. I mentioned that I was outside of her cottage. I love seeing her!!!  On our way back we picked up Jilly and we were on our way to teens. I was so excited to be able to go to teens. I had still not been hit that I was actually back at Maranatha, so this just seemed like an awesome dream. Just a few minutes after walking in I was reunited with Anna Browne whom I love very much. Finally, Allison, Andrea and Amanda. All amazing, beautiful sisters.

The prayer walk was that morning! That is my favorite day of the week. As I started going through the stations I was hit with how God has a plan, that he orchestrates. I am learning that God never ever fails. I ask him to prove something and he will.Nothing will ever beat having quiet time with God. Being in Africa I never really had a moment to myself. I was given that chance, and it was fantastic. So relaxing to be able to remember that.  The stations were all based on the 7 prayers that God loves to answer.
Once in the prayer tower there was the opportunity to take communion. Cardboard testimonies were also shared. Being able to watch teens be open about their brokenness is powerful. To see that no one is alone. No one is perfect. We are all just longing to be loved and to be filled with joy.

I had the opportunity to pray with Sarah (one of the teen leaders) and to talk with her. I love her a lot. I am so thankful that she is back this summer.

Jill is beautiful. I am SO thankful that God has blessed me with her as my friend. I would not be able to trade her for anything. I tell this girl my heart. We cry, and laugh together. Her heart is so open and kind. Her love for Christ and to do what is right is such an example of how a person should be. I can call her anytime of any day, she will be there to talk to me. I would not have made it through the year without her. I want her to never forget that God is there for her. He loves her. Everything happens for a reason. She is so strong. I have seen her make it through so much. I would move mountains for you. I AM ALWAYS here for you. Take everything that God gives you. I am excited to be reunited with you, to hear all about what the Lord has done for you. I pray for you constantly. Thank you for holding my hand. Thank you for being a sister in Christ. I love you baby girl <3


Allison, you my dear, are fantastic. I loved meeting you and your sister last summer on the last day. Being able to watch you grow this past year has been so exciting. You have always been able to make my day without even being aware of it. I love hearing the crazy stories that you would tell me. After every time that we would have a conversation I would end up laughing. The maturity that you hold is way beyond your years. But, slow down. Do not grow up to fast. Remember that you are a treasure that is so loved. God created you beautiful. He created you unique. You were made just the way that you are supposed to be. NEVER FORGET THAT. Call me anytime and I will gladly tell you that. Continue to update me on life please because I love that. I love being able to give you advice which I will continue doing whenever you need. Next summer we are having like 200000000 dates. Just so you are aware I love youuu!

Andrea, well heyy there. I only got to spend just a few moments with you this summer which is not what I longed for. Next summer we will take the chance to be able to talk and get to know each other. You have a smile that can light up a room. Your hugs are fantastic. Please give them to me a lot. I would love to see you and your sisters when you go to Grand Valley. Do not forget to tell me. I want you to always get in contact with me if you need me. I am here for you. Me loves you!!




Amanda!!! I am so glad that we had more of a chance to get to know each other for the one day that I got to see you! Being able to pray with you and share our hearts with each other made me so happy. I want you to not forget what you got out of Maranatha this summer. God loves you. You are HIS. You deserve the best that you can get. I do not want you to ever settle in whatever that is. I am praying for you. Call me or text me if you ever need someone to talk to or just to listen. I can be that for you, I LOVE having you around. Please, be around all the time. I like it oh so very much. I will see you this winter, Lord willing. I love you very much.


Lexi! I love your count downs so very much! Nothing beats being able to see those pop up on my wall. I was finally able to hug you again! AND I MAY GET TO SEE YOU AGAIN THIS SUMMER. In case you were not sure that makes me happy. You are beautiful. Please stop growing up so fast. Enjoy your freshman year. Do not wish to be my age. Not now, not ever, Stay little. I like you that way. I do love that I am able to talk to you as if you are my age. I trust you. Never let anyone tell you that you are not anything less than a princess of Christ. I am proud of you for sharing your testimony. Stay open to what the Lord has for you <3 Love yewww.

This was my first official day at Maranatha and I believe that God planned the perfect day. I would not have changed anything. I am so thankful for these ladies. These are friends that will last a life time.

Psalm 118:24
"The Lord has done it this very day;

    let us rejoice today and be glad.  "

With love,
Hannah Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment