Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Week Three

Week three was super different for me this year. People that used to come are growing up, so my friend group for the week was shrinking. There are sisters Alaina and Paige who usually come. They are spending six months in Germany as nannies. I missed them so much. There were nights I still turned around thinking that I heard them calling my name. I am so excited that they will be back next summer!

Saturday:
Coffee with Melissa! She has been in my life since I was 10. This summer she and her husband, Austin, are leading teens. Having the chance to have her again as one of my counselors has been fantastic! We had the chance to really get to know each other at a new level. We told our testimonies! God really has been blessing our friendship letting me love her more and more. She has taught me so much this summer through Christ! I am so thankful that she is back this summer! From the first summer till now, I am still learning and getting to know her!



Sunday:
    Greg Speck is the speaker for this week! He is my FAVORITE speaker in the world. His mission is working with children. No matter what he says I find something to connect with! His topic for the week was Living for Jesus! It is based off his book Living For Jesus Beyond the Spiritual High. I recommend that book. Buy it here. The Message I heard was all about connecting with Jesus. The theme verse for the week was 2 Corinthians 5:15.
       I hung out with Susan, and we made some imaginary friends! I do love making new friends! I also learned or attempted to learn to play tennis. I am pretty sure that was the first time I have ever tried to play. Same goes for Susan. Every other sport was being played out on the court except for tennis. It soon became my mission to hit the ball over the fence. I did have fun and may actually learn how to play sometime.

Monday:
    Work was the highlight of my day. We talked about baby names (funny how that came up considering I work in a nursery). It was fun to toss around ideas and to see where meanings come from!

Tuesday:
     Greg Speck spoke again, this time the topic was Hope. It was the reminder that no matter what I am never alone. God is always there.
     Fay and I had a date again(: We just sat out in a grassy area feeling the warmth of the sun! She and I understand each other. It never fails to amaze me that God decided to bring some one in to my life that totally understands me. She challenges me all the time, pushing me more out of my comfort zone.
    
Wednesday:
     Teen activity of rubber band wars...well I showed up. I have this problem. I cannot shoot a rubber band if my life depended on it. I always end up just hurting myself. It was pretty entertaining to watch. Kids pile up chairs as guard so they do not get hit. The room is dark, which makes it more fun I guess. To me, that is just dangerous. I did however, learn how to shoot a rubber band! Fay and I hid behind a counter and just talked while avoiding being hit by rubber bands.

Thursday:
      Greg Speck talked about dating...
And I enjoyed it. Christian speakers usually tell us kids not to date, and all the evils that come with it, but oh no. Greg had other plans. He laid it out in a very good way.
  • Stressed how important it is to want to marry your best friend.
  • Just because I am attracted to someone does not mean that I should date them.
  • I do not need a boy in my life to validate myself
  • To date, only do it with purpose.
  • Guilt is good. It is a temporary feeling to help me turn my life around.
  • Sex does not show maturity. Saying no does.
When I do date: It needs to pursue righteousness, putting God first. Have faith, peace, and be full of love.
Most importantly I learned; Wait on the Lord.

My cousins came from Arizona! Boy, I had missed them! It had been about two years since I had seen them! Having them visit was great because I was able to catch up. As I walked around with them I got asked if they were my sisters. People said that we looked more alike than my actual sisters! We went to the climbing wall. The pool. And had a hair party. Along with lots of icecream(:




Friday:
      RACHEL BREUKER CAME TO SEE ME!!! Ah, I was so excited to have her show up! It had been just over a month since I had seen her which seemed like forever. I had to contain myself from screaming when her truck pulled in to the parking lot. She and I went to hear Greg Speck. We had lunch in the sweetshop. Then spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach just talking and hanging out. The lake was freezing, but we both adapted pretty quick once we started splashing eachother.
       Greg talked about hanging on to Jesus. He used Zephaniah 3:17 as the basis for his message.
1. The Lord God is with me.
2. He is mighty to save.
3. He will take great delight in me.
4. He will quiet me ith his love.
5. He will rejoice in me with singing.
                            God's love is not conditional!
                            My faith is not a performance.
                            He doesn't love me because I do something special. He loves me  because I am  HIS daughter.

Overall: I have been learning how my actions do affect other people. I want everything I do to glorify God, so watching everything that comes out of my mouth, or the actions I preform is important!
God is also teaching me about how precious my heart really is. I am special. God keeps reminding me that daily(:


Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.” 



With Love,
Hannah Louise <3

No comments:

Post a Comment