Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week Five

Saturday:
     Kendra, Fay, Susan, Sarah and I all went to the Whippi Dip for lunch. My lunch consisted of french fries and an Oreo Cheese Cake flurry. Fantastic! There is a huge play ground set there, so we climbed up and ate there. We shared a lot of laughs and great conversation! On the way down we all went down the slides. Yes, I was hanging out with college girls! YAY!
     Once we got back Fay and I went and had a quiet time on the deck of my cottage. Man, it was hot out!
     Lex Ann, Mallory, and I went to the mall! These girls are so awesome! We went crazy in the stores. I watched them try on some of the most interesting outfits that I had ever seen! I found dresses for my senior pictures! Mallory and I ended up buying matching dresses! Lex Ann and I had never hung out, so I loved it! She is crazy and so much fun! We tried on matching dresses and goofed off in the dressing rooms. All of us got locked out of our dressing rooms numerous times. I am sure, driving the workers there crazy. It happened so often we started just sliding under our doors! I learned quite a lot from Lex Ann that afternoon! She is very wise. Even though she is the most entertaining shopper that I had ever met!


     My parents and brothers were gone for the day in Detroit for the Tigers game! My sister hung out with friends all day, but I was responsible for getting her dinner. We went out for dinner. I had not driven in over a month so that was a funny feeling being in control of a car again! It was great bonding time with my sister.
     Some of the staff had a bonfire again that night. We sat around talking. I am so thankful for the staff this summer! God brought them all here for a reason this summer! God was really evident that night. I was able to face a fear of mine. Only by God though. God is really just bringing me more and more friends whom are all teaching me things. I am really blessed with the lessons. It may be hard at the time, but I have learned some of the most important lessons of my life this summer! 

Sunday:
     My mother and I spent the day shopping! I had a lot of fun with her. She even ended up liking my "teen stores" so much that she bought the same dress as me (in a different color of course).
     Susan and I had a movie time again finishing the wedding planner. Of course we had our ice cream.

Monday:
     Fay, Sarah and Anna came over for lunch. It was a lot of fun hanging out with them!
     My afternoon was spent napping at Anna's house with her. I told her to wake me up at 3, but I guess I did not feel like getting up then. The sleep felt so good! I missed going to the teen slip 'n slide, but I did end up going in the lake which felt amazing! The waves were some of the biggest I had seen all summer!
      I realized something that night...or day. I trust Fay 100%. I do not trust people fast, and even having her as my mentor I still doubted most of what she said. That has changed. I now go to her because I know that she will remind me of the truth. Being able to trust is one of the best feelings in the world. I love my sister <3

      Susan and I went down on the beach to hangout at night. I say this all the time, but the beach is really my favorite place in the world. I may have been to exotic beaches, but Maranatha beach with Lake Michigan is my favorite. Nothing beats having the waves hit the shore. I just see God there! We ended up telling each other our testimonies which was a really awesome experience to share! 
    
Tuesday:
     Missionary speaker spoke in teens. He works with bringing Muslims to Christ. Just really reaching out to them. It was awesome to see how God makes every person with a purpose to do his will! No matter what a person does it is all a part of creating God's kingdom.
     Date night with Fay! We worked out for a while, then sat outside and talked. Since beauty is such a big part of the world today it is great! The world and Christ have such a different view. Fay wrote all about it in her blog. I would suggest taking the time to read her blog!

Wednesday:
     My afternoon was spent babysitting at the Renkema's. This family is one that I love like my own. I have been babysitting them since I was ten years old. Six children all separately holding a place in my heart! I stay with the youngest two while they nap so the mom can take the oldest four to the beach and have an afternoon in the sun! It is relaxing for me. It allows me to have a time set aside just for Hannah time which is needed. I had the chance to talk to Bekah who used to work out at Maranatha! It was great to be able to have a little time to catch up with her. It is so fun to look back and see how much we have grown up in these last few years! I do miss her out here! I also had the chance to talk to Rachel Breuker! Man, I miss my best friends! That is the only thing that I would change about summer, is having my best friends out here.

      Bible study was all about 2 Kings 4:1-7. I really enjoyed it. I was amazed at how the woman just trusted and went to get the jars. She didn't ask questions. I know I would have been asking a mountain load of questions. Getting jars has nothing to do with helping the lady get her sons out of slavery! But of course God used it for good(: Enough oil!
Rain was pouring down that night. I was reminded of how great the power of the Lord is. He is the one who creates the storms. I am a fan of the rain, but storms on the beach are my favorite type. There is something so powerful when a storm is over the lake. The lightning, rain, and thunder just make me stop and remember the God that I am fully in love with did all of that!

Thursday:
     I slept in which was so needed! I went to teens late. They were watching How Great is Our God. I have seen that video numerous times, but it never fails to teach me something new. I am so small. I walk around this earth like it is all about me. It is so not. Yet, even though I am so small, God still knows me and loves me. He takes the time to know everything about me!
     I had been asked to share my testimony in the teen program that night. I met with Fay to go over what I would be saying. I was really nervous. Speaking in front of a group of people is not on my list of favorites. I knew that God has been preparing me for this. I was not going to let fear stop me from sharing what God had done in my life. God wrote my story. He is the one that has made me into the girl I am today. Telling Fay was pretty simple because I am so comfortable around her. I needed to practice on someone that I did not know that well. Ryan, one of the teen leaders sat and listened to me. It went pretty well. I felt that peace come over me. I was ready. God was in control of this. Not me. That night I went down in to the teen room. Fay prayed and I started talking. It went so well. All my fear disappeared once I started talking. God is so good! I am willing to share when ever God asks me again!
     That night I could not shake the feeling that was someone that I needed to be talking too. I had never felt this before, so I knew it was real. I ended up talking to my friend Presley. That was the one(: I miss her so very much, and being her friend is such a huge gift. Thanks God for giving me that! I miss you girl. I am always here for you. Do not ever doubt that!

Friday:
     This day was not what I had planned. I had planned on going on the prayer walk and going to GR with Kendra. That was not what happened. I woke up around 3 in the morning. Shoot, I was sick:/ Being sick is not something that I like. I am rarely sick in the summer, and that was even worse. I was stuck in the house all day. My mom did bring me a slushie which made me really happy! Finally I was feeling better, so my mom let me out of the house!!! Being out of the house had never made me so happy! I missed people a little to much!!!

Overall:
     Being honest and open is what is important. Doing what is hardest is worth it.                                         
     I am Beautiful. No matter what the world tells me. That truth has been pounded in to me. I stopped wearing makeup. My life is so much easier. I just get up and go. But, more than just cutting time I have also learned that makeup is just a cover up. God made me the way I am. I have every single right to be confident in who that is.
     Community and love is not measured by distance. Yes, some of my favorite people in the world may not live by me, but they still love me.
      I was able to let go of a part of my past, which was such a freeing experience! Only by God is all of this possible!
     I learned that anger is not always a bad thing. It is how the emotion is handled.

John 16:33
             I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

With love,
Hannah Louise


 

No comments:

Post a Comment