Friday, July 20, 2012

Week Two

My first official week at Maranatha! My week began with my dear friend Allison's arrival.
The thing about Maranatha is you only get to see friends for one week, after waiting one entire year. I was excited. I COULD SEE HER RUNNING AT ME! I screamed very loudly and ran. She was here. I could not have been happier.

 I was so excited for Maranatha church. The pastor was Paul Nyguist from Moody Bible. His message was about not being hesitant when the Lord speaks to you. God is our judge and when he speaks to us we need to respond.
The biggest thing that hit me was that God does not have to use us, he just chooses too. I am so thankful that he does. God can use anybody and everybody if we open up our hearts to him. I am learning that ignoring God does not work so well. This message made me laugh because it was like God was tapping me on the shoulder reminding me that he does know what I need.

Monday, I went to the teen activity. There was a game of kitty pool kick ball. I was not planning on playing. Until, Ryan, who is one of the leaders convinced me to play. Not without a deal though. I was wearing hot pink running shorts. If  I played, then he would wear those shorts.

Anna Browne and I also had bonding time while shopping. It is so cool to see how God is taking our friendship that has been there since birth and taking it to an adult level. I trust this girl. She makes me think. Our conversations are never boring.
Teen swim was the best! I got to play the dunking/guessing game with another leader named Sarah. I just enjoy that game because I get to dunk her underwater(:

Tuesday: It was mission day in teens. There was a video shown about the Karen people in Burma. Most people have not even heard of the situation there. This cannot be ignored. The United States has not done much because of how involved the Chinese are. It is a complicated situation. Here is the website where the video is shown for free. It is so worth the time! http://roadofresistance.com/the-road/
I also hung out with some younger girls whom I love dearly. These girls are full of life and I love being able to share in their lives.
I met Susan. This was the day we offically became friends. Who knew that a dance party would bring people together?(: I am ok with that!!
Late at night a bunch of us staff went swimming. Nothing beats a cold swim in the lake!







Wednesday:
I had the morning off, so I went to teens. The topic was talking about God as your father. It was a reminder to me of how much God really does love me. He is out there doing all that he can for me. He is my leader, provider/protector, and he is perfection.
Sarah and I went on a date. We were both craving pie, but Grand Traverse Pie Company was closed. Instead we both enjoyed delicious vegan burgers from Red Robin (YUM!). I enjoyed our conversation. I have known her a year and I am thankful that she is back again this summer. Nothing beats good conversation and unlimited fries!
To celebrate the fourth of July we (staff) was going to go to Grand Haven to enjoy the fire works. Fay and I went down there early in the afternoon to save a spot. We brought a tarp along lay down. The wind was a little strong so we needed rocks to hold it down. We walked down the boardwalk to get some rocks. We looked a little ridiculous carrying rocks in the hot sun. The fireworks ended up being fantastic!!!
It was also girl/guy night in teens. In girl's night we had a chance to hear the leaders talk about struggles in their lives. Afterwards us girls had the chance to go a little deeper in our fears, then look up Bible verses, and encourage each other to keep moving.

Thursday: I just spent this day on the beach(:

Friday: Friday morning is the prayer walk. God really challenged me to open up that day. During cardboard testimonies I was able to share and become really venerable. Feeling the freedom that I felt once I did that was unexplainable. It is the best feeling in the world. God makes beautiful things out of every single situation. I am going to let God use my story for his glory!

Over all: The lessons I am learned during this past week are numerous. God is speaking to me! I am continuing to go out of my comfort zone. I am starting to enjoy it. I do not want to be stuck where I am comfortable anymore. God is showing me that when I leave my comfort zone and I am uncomfortable; that is the time that He is able to teach me the most.
I am being healed by Christ, but that is painful, yet so rewarding.
I have also had the oppurtunity to make great new friends. So many brothers and sisters in Christ. Being able to get to know each and every one of them is amazing. I am learning how to be loved by them and accept it.

This summer my mentor Fay is out at Maranatha working on the teen staff. That is such a huge blessing from the Lord being able to have her here in person. We were blessed to have our first hangout session of the summer. Being in person is so much better than from a distance. She is able to pour in to me. She understands me and reads me like an open book. All through Christ we have a friendship full of so much love. I am so excited for the summer with her, and to see how the Lord works in us.


I also had the opportunity to make a new friend. Her name is Molly. She is one of the most beautiful people that I know. I am so blessed to have been able to meet her and just learn about her. She taught me so much. She changed so much in one week. The person I saw leave at the end of the week was not the same girl I met Monday night. I am so excited for her to come back this summer!

Through out the week Allison and I were together quite a lot. We kept the tradition of ordering our strawberry milkshakes and swimming in the lake with our clothes on. The talks we had were fantastic. We shared so many memories of last summer. We talked about what God has done in our lives leading us back to where we are now. I love hearing the things that the Lord has done-the little and the big. As I look back I am able to see how his plan is perfectly woven together.


Allison, oh dear goodness. I love my week with you and it is always a treasure being able to talk with you. We can go from being goofy and crazy to just crying of happiness. I loved being able to listen to you this week and have you do the same for me. You have taught me so much. The most important is to pray. Your stories have stuck in my mind. When something is not going right I just need to bow my head and talk to the one who can do something about it. Watching you rededicate your life a year ago, then seeing where you are today is beautiful. You indeed are a new creation of the Lord. You have a light that shines. Never let that light go out. The way you give yourself is awesome. The Lord is working through you. He has huge plans for you girlfriend. I am so thankful for the encouragement that you bring into my life. I love you!


I also had the chance to get to know Isaac which also happens to be Allison's little brother. I adopted him as my little brother which was a cool opportunity. Being younger than me he still taught me lessons in life and living for Christ.

Isaac, keep going in life. DO NOT LET fear ever stop you little bro. You have an awesome older sister and parents who love you unconditionally. Your heavenly father does as well. You grew and learned a lot during the week. Do not let it stop. Let God open you, and use you. He has plans for you! Big ones. As you enter high school remember that your identity is in Christ. No one can tell you what you are worth. Let high school change you, but for the better. I loved being a part of your life this week. Keep God number 1!


                                                                        John 16:33
                           I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.
              In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

With Love,
Hannah Louise



No comments:

Post a Comment