Saturday, October 6, 2012

Listen and OBEY

God is always speaking.
Sometimes it is in the quiet whispers of the wind, and other times it is very loud and clear.

Lately God has been talking really loud to me. Cool, right? I recognized it, and thought I was good. I mean it is great that I am hearing God's voice and I love it. But I was missing a really important part. That faith without works is DEAD. The book of James- which happens to be my favorite book at the moment- is based on this idea. I read James a lot and I can quote it to people in a situation. Yet, somehow when the situation fell upon myself to put the words in to action, I always back off.

The thing is that God does not let sometime go away if you do not want to do it. I wish a lot of the time. Nope. He just keeps bringing it up. He will not let you forget it. I can run all I want, but it always ends up in front of me. Basically, I fail. It would be easier if I would just obeyed.

It has been through messages that I hear in church. I feel as if the Pastor is speaking right to me. And the message just never leaves me head. God has no problem making things really clear when he wants something done. God also keeps having things be said that just hit me.

But the other day is one of my favorites. I usually go to church on Thursday, so that is where I was heading. A friend of mine and I were texting. I invited her to come to church with me. I just really wanted to talk with her and catch up with her. She ended up deciding to stay home. That was totally ok with me, and I said that we would just talk tomorrow. I knew that she needed to talk though. The feeling I had would not go away. I walked into church and made a cup of coffee, but...something was not right. I walked out of church. And I went to my friends house. That is where I was supposed to be that night. She was at home by herself, so we just sat and talked.

Conversation filled with understanding, laughter, and frustration. Everything. We had both needed a conversation like that. I was able to listen and understand. Frustration was voiced. We laughed a lot. I could not have asked for a night better than that. She is beautiful and such a blessing to my life. I am so excited to be a part of her life and see how God works through her.

Following God's voice. But of course, it works out for the best because it came from Him. If you hear his voice...listen, and obey. It will take you to a place better than you can imagine.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way that you should go; I will counsel you, and watch over you." Psalm 32:8

With love,
Hannah Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment